Anaerobic Sealant Safe for Use with Pure Oxygen
Permabond’s MH052 is an anaerobic sealant safe for use with pure oxygen on threaded pipework, and has BAM approval for use on threaded pipework systems. Most anaerobic sealants have warnings on their datasheets against their use in contact with pure oxygen. But not this one! It is approved for use with pure oxygen up to 10 bar/60°C (145 psi/140°F) and does not exhibit the instability that a normal anaerobic thread sealant would have. This makes it ideal for use on breathing apparatus, oxygen pipelines, regulators and ventilators.
Why use an anaerobic thread sealant instead of PTFE tape?
- Less fiddly and time consuming to assemble
- The adhesive acts as a lubricant, making sure the assembly doesn’t become cross threaded
- Easy to tighten as it offers directional freedom, so you can position component parts facing the correct angle
- Does not degrade or shred and it eliminates the risk of loose particles blocking sensitive valves and equipment
- Can be undone using normal tools if required
Permabond MH052 sealant is designed for use on metal pipes – including brass and stainless steel fittings. It is a single part product, easy to apply and cures at room temperature. MH052 is also approved for contact with gas (DVGW) and drinking water (WRAS).