Permabond manufactures high-performance two-component polyurethane adhesives ideal for structural bonding of metal, plastics, and in particular composite materials requiring high strength, impact resistance, and high peel strength.
Permabond Two-component Polyurethane Adhesives form strong bonds to:
- Composites, including Carbon Fiber, FRP, and GRP,
Key benefits include:
- Various set times
- Adhesion to a variety of substrates
- No primer needed
- Good tensile strength
- Ease of application
- Easy 1:1 mix ratio
- Thixotropic rheology
- Room temperature cure
These products exhibit low shrinkage (so ideal for bonding thin “skins” or metal or laminate without show-through). Permabond polyurethanes are available with varying set times to meet processing needs. Products are available with pot life times ranging from 1 to 15 minutes. The black color suits black leather, carbon fiber, and rubber.
Review the product selector guide to see which polyurethane adhesive is best for your application. Or for more information, download the technical data sheet for each: PT321, PT326, PT328.
Directions for use:
- First, surfaces must be clean, dry, and grease-free prior to bonding.
- Then, shake the cartridge (or stir bulk material) before use if separation has occurred.
- Affix the static mix nozzle to the cartridge. It is a good idea to dispense about an inch of adhesive onto waste towel to ensure the adhesive is thoroughly mixed.
- After that, apply a thin bead of adhesive pre-mixed through a static mixer nozzle. (Alternatively, bulk material can be dispensed via metered dispensing equipment).
- Quickly, assemble components and clamp.
- Maintain pressure until you achieve handling strength.
- Finally, allow 24 hours for the adhesive to cure fully. However, if you need a faster cure time heat will accelerate the cure.