PERMABOND 268 General Purpose Cyanoacrylate
Permabond® 268 provides faster set times and improved gap-filling capability compared to conventional cyanoacrylates. The adhesive bonds to a wide range of substrates including metals, ceramics, plastics, and elastomers. It is excellent for bonding difficult-to-bond plastics such as polyacetals. It can also be used on passivated metal surfaces.
- Versatile and general purpose
- Good gap fill ability
- Instant setting
- Approved to MIL-A-46050C Type II Class 3 (existing designs)
Cyanoacrylate adhesives are single component adhesives that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make PERMABOND cyanoacrylates the ideal adhesives for high-speed production lines.
Surface Preparation prior to bonding with Permabond 268
Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces. Some metals such as aluminum, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Permabond 268 Directions for Use
1) Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
2) Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
3) Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
4) Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
5) Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).
For more information download the Technical Data Sheet