High Temperature Resistant Cyanoacrylate
Permabond introduces new high temperature resistant cyanoacrylate adhesives!
PERMABOND® 825 is a low viscosity cyanoacrylate adhesive that provides higher strength at high temperature. This fast-setting cyanoacrylate bonds metals, rubbers, plastics, and more. Permabond 825 resists up to 392°F (200°C) and has excellent retention of strength during thermal aging. PATENTED TECHNOLOGY
- Strong bonds that resist up to 392°F (200°C)
- No secondary or post-cure required to achieve temperature resistance
- Low viscosity 120 cPs/mPa.s
- Tolerates stresses at high temperature
- Does not require zero-gap – better thermal stability with a larger gap
- Higher strength retention after thermal aging
- 2500 psi (17 MPa) bonds to mild steel at 77°F (25°C)
- 600 psi (4MPa) bonds to mild steel at 300°F (150°C)
Typical ethyl cyanoacrylates resist up to 180°F (82°C) with special grades resisting as high as 250°F (120°C). Generally, methyl cyanoacrylates resist 195°F (90°C). Specialty allyl cyanoacrylates can resist up to 482°F (250°C). However, these require a post-cure or secondary heat cure to achieve the temperature resistance.
For assistance choosing the best high temperature resistant cyanoacrylate for your application, contact our technical support group. For more information on Permabond 825, download the technical datasheet.