Rubber Bonding Adhesives Permabond
Rubber Bonding Adhesives – Featured Product Permabond 105
- Bonds natural and synthetic rubber
- Ideal for hard to bond plastics also
- Low viscosity
- Easy to use – no mixing or heat cure
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Very fast set time
Permabond 105 is a low viscosity, high purity cyanoacrylate adhesive. Download the technical data sheet 105 for more information.
If a cyanoacrylate isn’t desirable for your application you might consider a specialty structural acrylic such as Permabond TA4605, TA4610, TA4611, and TA4631. They are two-part structural acrylics for bonding difficult plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene, and PTFE that have also been shown to have good adhesion to certain rubbers such as EPDM. EPDM rubber contains polypropylene, so it is quite understandable that these adhesives can be used to bond this rubber. Structural acrylic adhesives offer a slower cure than cyanoacrylates (so accurate alignment and spreading is possible). TA4605, TA4610, and TA4611 have less odor than many adhesives, and they are not solvent-based. Permabond TA4631 has even less odor. All of the TA4600 series have excellent environmental durability.
- TA4605 fixtures in under 10 minutes.
- TA4610 has a longer handling time for larger or more complex application.
- TA4611 has a lower viscosity and does not contain microbeads so it is suitable for smaller gaps.
- TA4631 is similar to TA4611 with significantly reduced odor.
For a more detailed product line comparison, download the FLYER_TA4600 Series