Permabond 105 is the first choice for bonding natural rubber. PERMABOND® 105 is a low viscosity high purity cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is ideal for use on plastics and rubbers such as natural rubber, EPDM, and butyl rubber. It is a difficult substrate for most adhesives, but there is no need for a primer such as POP. Furthermore, Permabond POP Primer does not increase the bond strength.
Natural rubber has high tensile strength and elongation, it is durable and used in several industries, including automotive, aerospace, and other transportation applications. Other applications include engineering applications, anti-vibration mounts, and drive couplings. Permabond 105 is MIL-A-46050C Type II Class 1 for existing designs.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives are single component adhesives that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make PERMABOND cyanoacrylates ideal adhesives for high speed production lines.
Directions for use
1) First, apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
2) Then, bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
3) Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
4) Do not disturb or re–align until sufficient strength develops, normally in a few seconds.
5) Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane, or acetone.
For full technical information, download the technical data sheet. PERMABOND® 105 TDS.