PERMABOND 919 High Temperature Resistant Cyanoacrylate
In order to withstand high temperature environments, PERMABOND 919 was designed with a secondary curing mechanism that is activated at temperatures higher than 150°C (302°F). The procedure to activate this mechanism is as follows:
1) Parts are bonded and clamped at room temperature for four hours.
2) The clamped parts are then heated at 150°C (302°F) for two hours.
3) After the two hours, the bond will be thermally resistant up to 250°C (482°).
Features and Benefits
Rapid development of high strength
Ease of use – no mixing or heat cure
Bonds most materials
100% reactive, no solvents
Approved to MIL-A-46050C Type V Class 1 (existing designs)
Cyanoacrylate adhesives are single component adhesives that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make PERMABOND cyanoacrylates the ideal adhesives for high-speed production lines.
Surface Preparation prior to bonding with Permabond 919
Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces. Some metals such as aluminum, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Permabond 919 Directions for Use
1) Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
2) Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
3) Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
4) Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
5) Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).
For more information download the Technical Data Sheet