Permabond Europe Launches TA4207 – No surface preparation!
Permabond Europe Launches TA4207 – A new versatile, multi purpose, high strength adhesive
Permabond TA4207 expands our existing range of methyl methacrylate (MMA) adhesives, and is a 2-part, 1:1 mix ratio product that achieves very high shear strengths on a wide range of metals, plastics, and composites, with little or no surface preparation. In laboratory tests, our chemists have even achieved substrate failure on difficult materials like PET-G, with minimal acetone/IPA degrease. Furthermore, this multi purpose adhesive performs outstandingly well on metals, cutting through oxide layers to form incredibly strong bonds with the parent material. But even more impressive is the high shear strength achieved on unprepared oily steel!
Features and benefits of TA4207:
- Little or no surface preparation is required.
- Fast cure (fixture time 8-10 mins)
- Very high strength on stainless steel, steel, aluminium, galvanised zinc & plastics
- High strength on hot-dip galvanised steel, electro-plated zinc & carbon fibre – multi purpose adhesive
- High temperature resistance (150°C continuous)
- Excellent environmental resistance
- Convenient 1:1 mix ratio
- Easy dispensing, with or without nozzles & guns
TA4207 is available in 50ml and 400ml cartridges. It is also available in bulk on request, for high speed production lines.
Directions for use:
1) Surfaces must be clean, dry, and grease–free. If using a cleaning solvent, allow 3–4 minutes to fully evaporate before applying adhesive.
2) Apply a thin bead of adhesive pre–mixed through a static mixer nozzle.
3) Alternatively, apply a thin layer of resin on one component and hardener on the other.
4) Assemble components and clamp.
5) Maintain pressure until handling strength is achieved. The time required will vary according to the joint
design and surfaces being bonded.
6) Allow 24 hours for adhesive to fully cure. Accelerated cure times may be achieved by heating.
To determine if this multi purpose adhesive is best for your application, please contact us.