Permabond UV Glue (UV and Visible Light Cure Adhesives) cure quickly when exposed to light of the appropriate wavelength and intensity. They are one component adhesives which are solvent free (100% solids) and are ideal for many applications in which glass or plastic which are able to convey UV or visible light is bonded to itself or metals and other substrates.
Permabond UV curable adhesives are used in industries as diverse as munitions to art glass. Permabond has a long history of supplying the decorative and art glass industries with UV activated glues. Permabond is the preferred choice for the strength and clarity needed in this industry. Similarly, the beveled glass industry uses specialty UV glass adhesives with a controlled cure.
In many industries, manufacturers often desire the fastest cure process available. Cure speeds of UV curable adhesives are adaptable to the application. Cure time is dependent on several parameters and can be adjusted by changing the light intensity or distance of the light from the assembly or by adding another UV lamp onto the production line.
UV curable adhesives are also ideal for manual assembly processes. Because they will not cure until exposed to light users can make fine adjustments to alignment before bonding.
The wide range of viscosities available allows for both manual and automated dispensing of the adhesives.
Benefits of Permabond UV Light Curable Adhesives
- High Strength Bonds
- Cure Only When Exposed to Light – permits alignment of parts prior to bonding.
- Select a Cure Speed – double production speed by simply adding another lamp to the line.
- Solvent-free – Non-flammable – increase safety
- Single Part Product – No mixing required
- 100% solids – No waste.
- Save energy – UV lamps require less electricity than heat cure ovens for epoxies
- Space savings – UV lamps require less space than heat cure oven tunnels
- Appearance – UV glue is available in clear colorless formulations
- Technical Support – application specialists available for assistance with joint design, adhesive selection, and production process.
Which Permabond UV glue is right for your application?
UV activated glues encompass a wide range of chemistries. From the standard UV curable acrylates, to UV curable epoxy, to dual cure UV glues which also cure with activator, heat, moisture or anaerobically with metal.
Contact Permabond for assistance with product selection and process integration. Our team of sales, service and technical specialists will assist in finding the right UV cured glue and process for your requirements.