Permabond’s line of structural acrylics was developed for demanding applications that require high tensile, shear and peel strength as well as maximum shock and impact resistance.
Permabond structural acrylics offer fast fixture and cure at room temperature providing a solution to the continuous demands for increased line speeds while decreasing the manufacturing costs that are associated with heat curing.
Permabond structural acrylics are suitable for bonding a wide variety of substrates offering great material selection. Materials such as metals, glass and composites are easily bonded with Permabond structural acrylics.
Permabond offers several types of structural acrylic adhesive:
- No-mix adhesives with separate resin and initiator – adhesive is applied to one substrate and the initiator is applied to the other
- Single component – relies on at least one surface being an active metal to trigger the cure
- Bead-on-bead – a bead of one part is directly applied over the other
- Two-part pre-mix (use with mixing nozzles)
The structural acrylic range includes products based on MMA (methyl methacrylate) for ultimate strength performance, low odour acrylics for improved worker comfort or for areas where ventilation is difficult, non-acidic formulations for sensitive electronic applications and a large variety of non-flammable structural acrylic adhesives.
Permabond structural adhesives are supported by a team of sales, customer service, and technical professionals. This team will assist you in selecting the proper adhesive for your application or develop a product to meet your application’s requirements. The benefits of using Permabond Structural Acrylic adhesives include:
- Room Temperature Cure – eliminates ovens and other equipment.
- Rapid Cure – increases daily output to reduce production costs.
- Versatile – suitable for bonding a wide variety of substrates to increase design freedom.
- Technical Support – application specialists available for assistance with joint design, adhesive selection, and production process.